Saturday 6th July 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 21:17-29
Topic:- Never You Compromise
Text:- Matthew 6:24
By Vincent Olatubi
Affirmatively, it is not good for anyone to be compromising at the face of any challenges, either spiritual or physical because such might not end up having good results as the case maybe.
In spiritual sense, it’s believe that, there is a spirit behind the act of compromise, which stimulate man to loose interest in whatsoever he is doing having viewing himself [not competent/inferiority complex] enough to continue with specific assignment.
A. What is Compromise:
1. It is the statement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions.
a. Samson in Judges 16 did compromised.
b. Joseph in Genesis 39 did not.
B. Factors Behind Compromising:
2. Self pity.
3. Inferiority complex.
5. Lack of competence.
6. Lack of boldness.
7. Environmental situation.
8. Calibers of friends.
C. A Godly Man Will Always Be:
1. Man of Strength, Power, Courage, Wisdom, Christ-likeness in attitude, [behavior, character, manner of disposition] to mention a view.
See Elijah in 1 kings 17:29 and the three Hebrews in Daniel 3.
D. What can make man to Compromise:
1. Sin/Convertiousness. See Gehazi in 2 Kings 5:20-27.
2. Satan to people. See Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11.
3. Worldliness. See Samson in Judges 16:28-30.
4. Poverty. See Peter in John 21:3-6.
5. Fantasizing about yourself more than not. See King Saul in 1 Samuel 15:22.
E. Types of Compromise:
1. Partial Compromise. When one give up a thing for another thing. See Demas in 1 Timothy 4:10.
2. Total Compromise. When one give up a thing for life. See Ahithophel in 2 Samuel 17:23-28.
F. The Effects of Compromised:
1. The Church will be in problem.
2. The Society will suffer for corruption.
3. The Kingdom-gain will be jeopardized.
4. Jesus will cry for the Church.
5. The heavenly beings will mourn for the lost souls.
6. The anti-christ will take over the earth.
7. The Saints will suffer for pure doctrine and for their salvation.
G. How to Overcome Compromise’s spirit:
1. By prayer and fasting.
2. Obedience to God.
3. Be watchful/careful of what you do.
4. By humility.
1. Oh Lord God, give me sound mind and boldness not to compromise anymore, even if it cost me my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command all the spirit of compromise, get out of me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I refuse to compromise with the world and devil anymore, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Wonderful Saturday! www.timogundelejesu.com