THURSDAY 5TH JULY 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- PSALM 100
TOPIC:- MINISTERING TO THE LORD
TEXT:- JOHN 4:24
What does it mean to minister to the Lord? How is it possible for us to minister to God who we cannot see face-to-face. Is it not proper to say that it is God that ministers to us? All these questions will be answered as we shall discuss on the topic and we will see ways and how to minister to the Lord.
1. You minister to the Lord if you are a born-again Christian, and thereby living holy life which others see as impossible to live. See Isaiah 52:11; John 4:24; I Corinthians 3:16-17.
2. You minister to the Lord in appreciation to Him in songs of thanks, praises and worship. See Psalm 100:2,4.
3. You minister to God when you kneel down and pray to Him. Praying means you want to communicate with Him through your request or asking. See I Corinthians 14:15.
4. You minster to the Lord if when anything happen you ascribe all the glory to Him. Remembering that you cannot do anything on your own without His help and strength. See Isaiah 41:16; 42:8.
5. You minister to the Lord wherever you set down yourself to read His Word; in the studying of the Bible and meditation on the word. See Joshua 1:8.
6. You minister to the Lord when you clap your hands to Him i.e. clapping as you sing to God. See Psalm 47:1.
7. You minister to the Lord when you are dancing unto Him, by this your whole body is appreciating Him. See Psalm 150:4.
8. You minster to the Lord when you are playing musical instrument of any kind in His presence. See Psalm 150:3-5.
9. You are ministering to the Lord when you give offerings, tithes, fund raising and gifts to Him in the Church, to the servants of God, to the less privileged and also caring for one another. See Luke 6:38.
10. Also you are ministering to the Lord when you are fasting, either partial or absolute fasting. See Acts 13:2.
1. My Father! My Father!! My Father!!! Let me begin to live my life holy unto You just as You are holy, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. My God, let Thy word from my mouth and the meditation from my heart be acceptable in Thy sight from now on, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Help me O my God and Lord, never to ascribe Your glory or any glory to myself, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Fulfling Thursday!