Wednesday 16th October 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Acts 10:23-48
Topic:- Jesus Anointing Is A Double Edged Sword
Text:- Acts 10:48
What does the scripture mean in Acts 10:38 concerning the anointing upon Jesus Christ? The anointing upon Jesus led Him to go about doing good, “Jesus went about doing good,” [Acts 10:38b].
He Himself explained it in details when He went to the synagogue and read from the book of Isaiah concerning Himself. See Luke 4:14-21. This can be evidently seen in the raising of Lazarus from the grave, [John 11:38-44].
It is also stated, how Jesus went delivering those captives of the devil, [Acts 10:38c]. That was possible through the anointing upon Him.
A better understanding of this was when He sent two of His disciples to go and bring a colt tied down in a village, for His God-given ministry. See Mark 11:1-11.
A. Now back to today’s topic, what does the scripture mean in Hebrews 4:12 relating to a two-edged sword:
1. The fact is that a two-edged sword is sharp, in comparison with God’s word, it is even sharper because it can divide or make a distinction between things we generally think of as being closely related or indistinguishable.
2. God’s word is able to penetrate to the heart of a person and cause a change, and unlike a physical sword, it leaves no external scar. That is why you find those hearing Peter’s message responding in Acts 2:37.
B. Another thing to remember is that a two-edged sword, is considered to be a dangerous weapon because of the two-edges, very sharp, as the Bible puts it.
1. If you handled it improperly, it can cut the wielder just as easily as it can cut someone else. When the Bible is used as a weapon to point out the flaws in another person, the person using it often finds himself convicted by the same word.
2. Another is that, one side is for blessing while the second side is for curse. That same anointing that was upon Jesus that led Him to go about doing good as discoursed earlier above, is still the same anointing that led Jesus to curse a fig tree; and also chased out those making merchandise in the temple. See Mark 11:12-25; John 2:13-17 respectively.
Which one will you want? The anointing upon Jesus Christ for change, to bring you blessings or to make a curse for you?
Please beloved, settle for blessings, and not the other side which is curse, because it will be unbearable.
1. I command every evil prophecy and pronouncement hindering my progress, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command every generational curse, fighting me to a standstill, be flushed and be erased by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I need the goodness of the Lord Jesus Christ, begin to operate in my life henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. It is the anointing upon Jesus for blessings and the miraculous I need henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I command the same anointing upon Jesus to begin to manifest in my life, my family and everything pertaining to me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Mid-Week! www.timogundelejesu.com