Friday 28th September 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Revelation 5
Topic:- It Is Finished
Text:- John 19:30
“It is finished” was the sixth spoken statements [words] of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross before He finally died for our sins. We will briefly examine the meaning(s) of this statement as follows:
1. It could mean that Jesus Christ was telling God, His father that He had accomplished the assignment given to Him on earth i.e. the assignment to save mankind, John 1:29; 3:16; Revelation 5.
2. The statement could also means of telling Himself that He had successfully carried out the task which had earlier appeared to be burdensome or heavy to bear, Luke 22:39-44.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ used the statement to put Satan to shame, that he the devil may know that he does not have any dominion over Jesus Christ, Roman 8:3; 1 Corinthians 15:55, 61; Revelation 1:18.
4. He also used the statement to tell us that the work of our salvation has been accomplished by Him; that we do not need any other solution apart from this saving blood, John 3:16; 10:10.
5. Christ is telling us through the statement that everything contrary to God’s perfect will in our life is finished. Weeping is finished, Psalm 30:4. The power of sin is destroyed, Roman 6:14; 16:18. Prosperity has come, 2 John 2. And your salvation is sure in heaven, John 14:1-4.
I declare unto you with this same anointing that, “It Is Ffinished” with all your sorrows. Amen.
1. I command all what the devil has stolen in my life, be released now by fire and handed over to me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Since it is finished, devil what are you waiting for, catch fire and disappeared, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I declare that it is finished, devil pack your load off my life and go off my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.