TUESDAY 29TH MAY, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:– ACTS 2:1-11
TOPIC:- I SAY YES TO THE HOLY GHOST 
TEXT:- LUKE 4:18
You have the anointing of God flowing through you when God’s heart touches another person’s heart through your heart. The anointing of God is the Holy Spirit. He flows as a river of love, from the throne of grace, through the hearts of believers, bringing life to all that receive His touch. God anoints people that love Him more than they love themselves, and that love others as themselves. As we open our hearts to love others, God’s anointing flows through us. When we close our hearts to others, then we grieve the Holy Spirit, thereby making the flow to stop. See 1John 3:17.
The anointing of the Holy Spirit is given to people to demonstrate God’s love and power. Christ means the “anointed one”. Because Christ is in us with the same anointing that He had on earth so we also may have the anointing flow upon us.
God’s anointing flows to those who are hungry for a touch from His Holy Spirit. The anointing has less to do with the person that it flows through than it does with the person who receives it, and the one who sent Him, God the almighty.
The anointing can be stifled if the people refuse to receive Him from the person that God is sending Him through. Things such as pride, envy, bitterness, and unforgiveness against an anointed person can prevent the receiver from accepting Him. The anointed person must go to people that can receive Him. The anointing is given to open blind eyes. The anointing is given to set people free.
In Acts 10:36-38, it is saying that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth. You see, what so many Christians don’t understand is that even though Jesus was the only begotten son of God. He left all of His power and glory in heaven and came to earth in the same form as every other man, Philippians 2:8.
It is extremely important to notice in the gospel that Jesus never did even one miracle until He was anointed by the Holy Ghost. It was only after the Spirit of God descended upon Him that He began His ministry, Matthew 3:16.
Regardless of what many think, there is no biblical evidence that Jesus ever performed any miracles, nor did He enter into ministry until after He received the Holy Spirit and the power that comes with the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
It is also important to note that Jesus also told the disciples not to go anywhere, or do anything, until they had received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. See Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8.
Some People With Special Ministries And Special Anointing:
1. Abel gave unrequested offering to God. See Genesis 4:1-4.
2. Moses parted the red sea for Israelites to walk therein. See Exodus 14:8-29.
3. Elijah called down fire from heaven. See 1 Kings 18:19-39.
4. Daniel entered the lions’ den and came out unhurt. See Daniel 6:1-24.
5. Peter’s shadow healed and delivered people. See Acts 5:11-16.
6. Stephen was stoned to death but saw Jesus standing for him before death. See Acts 7:54-60.
7. Philip was transported to a city without any means of transportation. See Acts 8:26-40.
8. Paul and Silas were set free miraculously from the bondage and prison. See Acts 16:16-40.
You too can receive the anointing, and baptism of the Holy Spirit.
1. Oh Lord my God! Anoint me specially for Your work henceforth, in the name of Jesus.
2. My Father! My Father!! My Father!!! I need Your anointing upon my life now by fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Holy Ghost fire! Fall upon me mightily henceforth, in the name of Jesus.
Have A Glorious Tuesday!