MONDAY 28TH MAY, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- ACTS 2:1-38
TOPIC:– I SAY YES TO THE HOLY GHOST 
TEXT:- ACTS 13:2
You can say yes to the Holy Ghost through the following steps:
1. Make peace with God by giving your life to Jesus. God gets us born again so that we can be prepared and suitable to carry His Spirit. He cannot dwell in a carnal and unregenerate man. He can visit but can never dwell there because the container is not suitable to dwell in, John 3:16.
2. Decide to change all the wrong concepts and ideas you have about the Holy Ghost. You must change form loving sin to hating sin; from hating Christ to loving Christ and from loving Satan to hating Satan. When you do so He would be free to dwell and work wonders with you, Acts 2:38; 3:10,19.
3. Be sure that you make your vessel a clean one that the Holy Spirit would gladly want to live in. Sin keeps Him far from us because He is the Spirit of a clean and Holy God. Satan would always try to make you fall into sin and be filthy so as to keep the Comforter far from your life; but you should not yield to his evil plans. You must keep your vessel undefiled and fit for the Master’s use, Lamentation 1:9,16.
4. Be prepared to surrender or yield totally to Him. He is the boss while you are the servant, even though He will prefer to take you as a friend. He is a jealous Spirit and does not like sharing your loyalty with any other one. He needs total submission and absolute obedience. Be committed to one master at a time instead of having divided loyalty.
5. Be prepared to treat Him as a Person and not as an experience or something you feel. When you see Him as a true personality, He will in turn fellowship and share ideas with you. For instance, the early church never took decision without the approval of the Holy Ghost. See Acts 13:2.
6. Be ready to make room for Him in everything you do. You must be conscious of Him and involve Him in every area of your life. You can make room for Him every day by praying in the spirit, buying and reading of spiritual books, listening to messages that inspire you, worshipping God in the spirit, asking for fresh infilling and fire, and asking for a new revelation of His plans for you. When you involve the Holy Ghost in matters like these, He will become your friend and partner.
7. Be intoxicated or overwhelmed with Him all the time. Be ready for more and more of Him. The more you need of Him the more He takes you higher and deeper in His service. Unbelievers are filled with evil but Christians are filled with righteousness. Ephesians 5:18-19
Say YES! To Him now and trust Him for everything as He did to Jesus. The Lord Jesus trusted Him for the conception of Mary, His mother, and for her safe delivery in the ninth month, without suffering miscarriage, Luke 1:35. He grew and waxed strong in the Spirit, favored by God and men, Luke 1:80; 2:52.
He trusted the Holy Spirit, shortly before His temptation, for baptism with the Holy Ghost and empowerment for His ministry, Luke 3:21-23. He trusted the Holy Spirit who drove Him into the School of temptation and gave Him the scriptures and wisdom to overcome the evil school master, Mark 1:12-13.
Can you say YES to the Holy Spirit in the same way? Jesus even trusted and boasted that He would resurrect after three days from the grave. Why did you think He was bold to declare this before those who crucified Him? After His declaration what would have happened had He not showed up on the third day to quicken or revive His mortal body?
Why did you think He was bold to declare this before those who crucified Him? After His declaration what would have happened had He not showed up on the third day to quicken or revive His mortal body? The Holy Spirit came exactly when it was 72 hours to quicken His dead body and make good His promise to Jesus, 1 Peter 3:18-21.
It is this same Holy Spirit who is now come to the Church of God as another Comforter; at the invitation of Jesus to administer the finished work at Calvary.
Can you develop that kind of trust and strong confidence in the person of the Holy Ghost? He is ready to unfold a new chapter for you if you can trust and throw your weight absolutely on Him.
1. I command Holy Spirit to upon me and quicken my spirit, soul and body, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Holy Ghost! Adjust my spectacle and brighten my vision, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Ghost! Incubate my life and hatch Your divine egg of goodness in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a fulfilling Monday!