Monday 9th December 2019 Prayer Devotion.
Scripture Reading:- Ephesians 6:10-20
Topic:- How to Pray in Spiritual Warfare 
Text:- Ephesians 6:12
A. Armor Isn’t Enough:
1. According to Paul in Ephesians 6, all of life is spiritual warfare. In that conflict, he reminds the Ephesians that important though it is the Christian armor is not enough. You and I also need to be in constant contact with God, and the means by which we stay in contact is by prayer. See Ephesians 6:18-20.
2. Paul gives no fixed formula for prayer; rather, he tells us some things that are to characterize all our prayers: we are to pray “at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication” and we are to do so “with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.” See Ephesians 6:18.
B. Pray in the Spirit:
1. Prayer in the Spirit is simply the outflow of our relationship with God, a conversation that is rooted and grounded in his word. Paul identified the word of God as the sword of the Spirit. See Ephesians 6:17.
2. So prayer in the Spirit is prayer that flows from understanding his word. As we read the word, the Spirit moves us to pray. Praying in the Spirit is thus not some strange, mystical experience but rather praising, thanking, and asking God for things that are in line with the words of Scripture, which the Spirit himself inspired.
C. The Whole Armor of God:
When we talk of the “armor of God” passage in Ephesians, examining the Old Testament context of each piece of armor and encouraging readers as they fight sin while resting in the finished victory of Christ.
D. Pray at All Times:
1. Paul also tells us that prayers are to be offered on all kinds of occasions. Prayer should mark your life not just in days of distress and trouble, nor even at regular set times in the day, but also at your most joyful moments.
2. When you have a close relationship with someone, you want to interact with him or her regularly, sharing joys as well as sorrows.
3. The relationship God desires to have with you and me. He wants us to pray on all kinds of occasions because that is part of having a childlike relationship with him. Children don’t store up their news and requests for a special thirty-minute time of communication at the end of the day; they burst into their parents’ presence as soon as they have something to share!
4. So too God desires you to share your trials and joys with him moment by moment throughout the day, delighting with him in the good things and sharing the minor struggles and inconveniences, not just the terrible traumas of life.
5. You can shoot off brief thanksgivings and requests throughout the ups and downs of daily life, acknowledging moment by moment the reality of God’s interest in your life.
Prayer Point:- I command that the power, spirit and grace of prayer, fall upon me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Monday! www.timogundelejesu.com