Friday 7th May 2021 Devotion
Scripture:- 2 Samuel 9:1-13
Topic:- Handle Mistakes With Love
Text:- 2 Samuel 9:1
A. A brother forgot to put his phone on silent, and it rang in Church during prayers.
The Pastor scolded him. The worshippers admonished him after prayers for interrupting.
His wife kept on lecturing on his carelessness all the way home.
His co-vineyard workers shook their heads in disgust.
You could see the shame, embarrassment, and humiliation on his face.
He never stepped foot in the Church again.
That evening, he went to a bar. He was still nervous and trembling.
He spilled his drink on the table, the bottle fell by accident and it splashed on some people.
Those it touched rushed towards him. He closed his eyes expecting a bashing of words or slaps.
Instead, they cared to know if he did get a cut from the broken bottle.
The waiter apologized and gave him a napkin to clean himself.
The janitor mopped the floor. The female manager offered him a complimentary drink.
She also gave him a huge hug and a peck while saying, “Don’t worry man. Who doesn’t make mistakes?”
He has not stopped going to that bar since then.
1. Sometimes our attitude as believers drives souls to Hell.
2. We can make a difference by how we treat people, especially when they make mistakes.
3. If you cannot be a bridge to connect people, then do not be a wall to separate them.
4. If you cannot be a light to brighten people’s good deeds then do not be darkness covering their efforts.
5. If you cannot be water to help people’s crops sprout, then do not be a pest destroying their crops.
6. If you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.
7. If you cannot be a pencil to write anyone’s happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove their sadness.
8. We can always be each other’s keeper, let us resolve to heal the world and make it a better place. Yes, we can. It is easier to lose soul than to win souls.
Oh Lord God, help me to be a healer and problem solver henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.