Tuesday 21st August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Ephesians 4:1-16
Topic:- Growing Up Spiritual
Text:- Hebrew 6:1
One basic characteristics of living things, most especially the human beings which is most surely observed is Growth.
Growth means increase, development and it also means to progress. It means to attain maturity i.e. to become deeply rooted.
No one ever gave birth to a child without desiring growth in that child. It is necessary for the child to become independent and mature with the ability to be productive.
Spiritual growth is essential so that a Christian will become mature in the things of God i.e. being more deeply rooted in the things of God. So, as Christian, we can become mature and move unto perfection. See Ephesians 4:11-15 and Hebrew 6:1.
How To Grow Spiritually:
1. By studying and reading the word of God. See Acts 20:32; I Peter 2:2.
2. By being prayerful. See Jude 20.
3. By fellowshipping with other brethren i.e. when you spend time with other Christians, you will have yourself open to positive influence and will be constantly inspired by the faith of others. See Hebrew 10:24-26.
4. And also by witnessing to others i.e. the more you give out what you have on the inside, the more you will be replenished because God will be blessing you for doing His work. See Act 4:26-35.
Spiritual growth attracts many benefits. As you become mature through spiritual growth, you will have a deeper understanding of the things of the Spirit of God. You will not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. You will be able to enjoy the full benefits of God’s blessing. And you will be able to use God’s word skillfully and thereby have a richer and more intimate understanding of the person of God. Ephesians 4:14.
As you grow up physically, spiritual growth is essential too so as to resemble Christ. It is your time to grow up spiritually and become mature in Him. Acts 11:26.
1. I refuse to be stagnant and stay in one position for life, oh God, energize me to grow henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I refuse to be dwarf in faith again, oh God, make me a spiritual giant in You, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Ghost Fire! Move me forward and promote me spiritually henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Tuesday!