Thursday 15th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 2 Kings 2:1-15
Topic:- Graduation Day
Text:- James 4:8
The graduation day is the day that you have toiled for which you have been expecting for long. You had much training on a particular vocation, and thereby waiting in much anticipation for the day of graduation. Today’s topic will center on Elisha.
Elisha had been under Elijah for training, servitude and tutorship, and the followings made his graduation day worth celebrated:
1. In Verse 1 of our today’s passage, we were told that Elisha walk side by side with Elijah. So also, we too must follow God intimately, and walk side by side with Him i.e. never to leave God’s presence. See 1Kings 19:19-21; II Kings 3:11.
2. Elisha’s worth was noticed on the final examination day in Verse 2.
3. He had been under training to be like his master. He did not allow distraction on his way but remain focused. Verse 5.
4. He was faithful in exhibiting his training without complaining. Verse 6.
5. He was patient and determined for success. Verses 7, 8. So also we should resemble our caller in all ways, our worth will show, Acts 11:26.
6. Although Elisha had been dreaming about it i.e. to be greater than his master Elijah. Verses 9, 10.
7. Yet, he was not discouraged and never lose focus. Verses 11, 12.
8. And when the day of graduation came, [Verse 3], though people were there to see his shame but later turn to know his worth, because he had got the power i.e. the double portion he had for long dreamt for. Verses 13, 14.
9. He was rewarded, respected and in total control. Verse 15.
As you too burn the midnight oil, focusing on God and turn the table around to be great, John 14:12, you need to remain faithful in following the Lord, be diligent thereby your graduation day will be glorious.
1. Oh Lord God, never let me compromise my faith in You, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command all the virtue deposited in me, begin to work for my greatness henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I declare on my graduation day, God will be glorified in me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Thursday!