Thursday 14th March 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Mark 10:17-31
Topic:- God’s Unchanging And Infallible Word 
Text:- 2 Timothy 3:16
4. And it is wonderful to know that the Word of God is profitable for doctrine. See Paul speaking to Timothy by inspiration in Titus 2:1.
5. The Word of God is also profitable for instruction in righteousness. Every message brought to you from the Word of God is for instruction on how to be what God wants you to be. The purpose of God is to perfect and to prepare us to serve Him in acceptable manner. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
6. The Word of God is full of Prophetic utterances. And these Prophecies were given by God Himself. From the first book, Genesis, you will find Prophecy concerning the coming of the seed of the woman; and when you look at the Book of Revelation, you find the Prophecies of the last things that will soon come to pass. In-between Genesis and Revelation, there are lots of Prophecies, from the Old Testament to the New Testament. The Word of God is so special on account of the Prophecies which holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. See 2 Peter 1:19-21.
7. Christ’s attitude to the Scripture is instructive. He never saw any error or contradiction. So also the Apostles of Christ, they never belittled the Scripture, rather, they held the Scripture in honor, and respect. See Luke 24:27.
8. We, who are children of God ought to have same attitude. There are reasons why every reasonable Man/Woman will have to believe that the Word of God is inspired of God in the followings:
a. Unity of the Scripture – The Bible written by about 400 Authors over a period of 1,800 years, with the writers from disparate geographical areas and living thousands of years apart is completely united.
b. Its Versatility – The Word of God is very rich, relevant to all classes and ages of people. It is timeless, inexhaustible and refreshingly different from other books.
c. Its Influence – The Word of God has influenced civilization in many ways.
d. Its Preservation – It has survived and has been preserved over time and epochs and in diverse languages.
e. Its Fulfilled Prophecies – In Genesis, the Prophecy of Christ’s birth was given 4,000 years before Jesus was born; the crucifixion Prophecy in the Psalms; the Virgin birth in Isaiah about 700 years of Prophecy before Christ’s birth. All these Prophecies given, spanning so many years, could not have been possible, except God was involved in the writing of the Word.
C. The Purpose Of God’s Word:
1. Why will God give us His Word? We must realize that God never does anything without a purpose. The avenue, the mode, the channel by which we can have eternal life through Jesus Christ is the Word of God. See John 5:39.
2. Both the Old and the New Testament speak about Christ. From Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms and the New Testament are written so that you might believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. The beginning of the New Testament and the end of it all talk about the Lord Jesus Christ. See John 20:31.
3. It is the word of God that brings conviction to the sinner and saving faith comes through hearing the Word of God. See Psalm 19:7.
4. It is the word of God that makes us to grow spiritually, live holy lives, receive our healing and remain in good health. When temptations come from the devil or man, it is through the Word we are able to overcome. See 1 Peter 2:2.
5. The Word of God builds us up, matures and perfects us for the coming of the Lord. See Acts 20:32.
1. Oh Lord God, Your Word is yea and amen, let Your Word dwell in me richly henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, let Your Word dwell in me richly henceforth, so that I might prospered therein, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, Your Word heals, delivers, saves and takes us to heaven, let Your Word manifest greatly in me to do all those henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Thursday!