40 DAYS VIGIL WITH PRAYER AND FASTING FROM 29TH APRIL OVER 7TH JUNE, 2020 TITLE “MY GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE” HEBREWS 12:29.
Day 33: Sunday 31st May, 2020.
Scripture: Luke 7:11-17
Topic: God the Consuming Fire versus Weeping
Text: Philippians 3:18
The dictionary meaning of weeping is an expression of grief, or any overwhelming emotion by shedding tears. It means to let fall drops of water or other liquid drip from the eyes. Although there is weeping of joy, but what we are discussing here is the weeping which correspond with the meaning above. Weeping is definitely not for our living, for it is the opposite of joy. See Psalm 30:5. Weeping is so fervent in the lives of its victim to the extent that a family can be wiped out. In view of that, it will make sure that perpetual weeping and destruction continues.
Weeping nearly destroyed an entire family and wanted the family to be remembered for weeping. It killed the head of the family i.e. the husband, since the time we do not know. It even went ahead to make the widow to lose the only child in the family.
That is termed an everlasting and continuous grief and sorrow. If not because of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who always do good on daily basis, (Acts 10:38), met the woman and terminated her weeping by restoring her child back to life. I believe this widow would have died sooner if she had not met with Jesus. See Luke 7:11-17. Weeping in the above story is that of repentance according to the word of God that says that Godly sorrow worketh repentance.
If you are still falling and rising or toying with sin, you need to repent today like the lady in this story so that the weeping and gnashing of teeth that is written in Revelation will not be your portion. See Revelation 21:8.
- Prayer Points:
- I command any silent weeping nor monthly weeping, be terminated by God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I command the consuming fire of God to fill me with the power of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord God of consuming fire, fill me also with joy and peace, and weeping to terminate henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I refuse to package myself before the Holy Spirit who knows me better, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Godly sorrow that worketh repentance, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord God, turn my sorrow, tears, weeping to weeping of Joy, in the name of Jesus Christ. 6. Joy overflow! What are you waiting for, locate me now by God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh God the Consuming Fire, You promised that shouts of joy will be heard in my house hold, let it manifest henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.