40 DAYS VIGIL WITH PRAYER AND FASTING FROM 29TH APRIL OVER 7TH JUNE, 2020 TITLE “MY GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE” HEBREWS 12:29.
Day 8: Wednesday 6th May, 2020.
Scripture:- Daniel 9
Topic:- God The Consuming Fire Versus Sin
Text:- Isaiah 59:1-2
Sin has many faces to its name, in which we shall try to discuss underneath. Another name for sin is called transgression. See Psalm 51:1. And transgression in Hebrew language is called “Pesha” which is interpreted to mean a revolt.
It is also called a trespass; wickedness; rebellion; faithlessness; apostasy; defection. See Proverb 28:2.
Transgression is also the technical term for willful deviation from the path of righteousness. See Amos 2:4.
It is a premeditated crossing of the line of God’s law, a rebellious act of rejecting God’s authority. See Job 34:37; 35:6; 36:9; Psalm 32:1.
Another name given to sin is iniquity. Iniquity in Hebrew language is called “Awon”, which means perversity; guilt; a crime; a fault; mischief; separation from God; alienation. It also means uncleanness. See Psalm 51:2,5,9; Isaiah 59:2.
Now about sin, in Hebrew language is first called “Chet” which means to miss the way. It is a turning away from obeying God; it can also refer to a breach of civil law; disobedience to God. See Numbers 27:3; Deuteronomy 15:9; 2 Kings 10:29; Psalm 103:10; Lamentations 1:8; Daniel 9:16.
Sin is also called in Hebrew language as “Chattaah” which means an offender, sometimes in habitual sinfulness. See Exodus 34:7.
There are also some descriptions of sin, which are as follows:
1. Presumptuous sin is a double-door seen from a distance and you approached, and you fall into it. Generally, it appears that presumptuous sins arise from carelessness with God and his word, and carelessness with the needs of others.
We can also be lured into these sins by the willful disobedience of others. Whatever the origin, over time our carelessness leads to callousness, and calloused hearts lead to arrogance or insolence towards God and others.
Presumptuous sin is a misuse of revelation and the gospel and they assume a religious commitment of some level. There is nothing safe about living in a sin you know to be wrong.
Presumptuous sins are self-destructive and should be avoided at all costs. See Psalm 19:12-14.
2. Hidden fault/sin is like a trapdoor that swings out from underfoot. It can also be called unknown sin. See Leviticus 5:17-19.
3. Easily beset sin. See Hebrews 12:1.
4. All unrighteousness. See 1John 5:17.
5. Unable to do right thing. See James 4:17.
6. Sin leading to death. See 1John 5:16.
7. Sin not leading to death. See 1John 5:16.
Do not yield to the temptation of sin, sin is ugly, sin is dirty. It makes one an enemy of God. The prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto God. Frankly, temptation is not a sin, but giving in unto it is what makes one a sinner.
Always remember that “The wages of sin is death”. God is always ready to fight anything called sin with His consuming fire. See Romans 6:23.
1. I command every sinful acts and sin behaviors that is still reigning in my life, die by God Consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. O Lord God, forgive me all my known and unknown sins and have mercy upon me according to Thy loving kindness, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord God, restore unto me the joy of salvation and uphold me with thy free spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. O Lord God, give me grace to forgive myself of my past sins, and to forgive those who sin against me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I command the consuming fire of God to burn every attitude of sin in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. I command power that is drinking the blood of my wholeness, die by God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. I command the agenda of wasters for our land, be nullified with the blood of Jesus and God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.