40 DAYS VIGIL WITH PRAYER AND FASTING FROM 29TH APRIL OVER 7TH JUNE, 2020 TITLE “MY GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE” HEBREWS 12:29.
Day 21 Tuesday 19th May, 2020.
Scripture:- Exodus 14
Topic:- God The Consuming Fire Against Egypt
Text:- Exodus 14:13
The meaning of Egypt firstly is called the two lands. Egypt is also called the black land. Another meaning for Egypt is the red land i.e. the barren waste of the desert.
With all those meanings of the Egypt above, then we must be in serious problem. Those two lands called Egypt is rightly saying you will be living double standard life which was not the purpose of God. You must either be on God’s side or on the devil’s side, but I believe you will want to be on God’s side. See Matthew 6:24.
Talking about Egypt as the black land, it shows that it is the land of the blacks meaning darkness and evil are in control. That is to say that Egypt is darkness and evil controller over its victims. No wonder the Israelites were refused to being let go off from them for they were used as their slaves and labourers. See Exodus 5:1-21.
Egypt was also called the land of red which means a barren land. Although the land was rich and blessed which allowed the Israelites to sojourn there during the time that Canaan experienced famine. There was plenty in Egypt during this time, that was because of Joseph and God’s will for his life. Nevertheless, things changed immediately an evil king began to reign in Egypt in which Joseph was forgotten completely because the land called Egypt became unbearable to the Israelites.
Egypt was a land of slavery, according to Jer. 42:15, “And now therefore hear the word of the Lord ye remnant of Judah, thus saith the Lord of Host the God of Israel; if ye wholly set your faces to enter into Egypt, and go to sojourn there”. As a child of God if you are still doing what you were doing before you got born again you are going back to Egypt.
Drinking alcohol was your Egypt, disobedience, fighting, womanizing, rebellion, occult, theft, being an atheist, sorcerer, gay or lesbian, etc. those were your Egypt. By the reason of your encounter with God’s word today, I am pronouncing to you that you shall not go back to those things again in Jesus name. Repentance is complete only when you no longer desire the things you used to do before coming to love Jesus.
Things to do in order not to go back to Egypt after your salvation:
1. Read your Bible daily and meditate on it.
2. Give yourself to prayer and fasting.
3. Forsake not the fellowship of the brethren.
4. Rise up for the salvation of others, i.e. Evangelism.
1. Every attraction of my past life that is still making me to look back, be burnt by fire in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. All friends who encourage me to go back are separated from me now in Jesus name.
3. My Lord, uphold me to the end, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I command every attitude and character of Egypt that is operating in my life, die by God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Egypt! Stop your manifestation in my life and family henceforth by God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. I command every spirit of Egypt that is operating in my life, enough is enough, expire now by God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Egypt is a thing of past in my life, no more manifestation of Egypt again in my life and family henceforth, die by God’s consuming fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Wonderful Tuesday!