Sunday 12th May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 17:1-7
Topic:- Five Facts About Ravens 
Text:- Psalm 147:9
C. According to researchers, Ravens use “hand” Gestures: It turns out that Ravens make “very sophisticated nonvocal signals,” according to researchers. In other words, they gesture to communicate.
A study in Austria found that Ravens point with their beaks to indicate an object to another bird, just as we do with our fingers. They also hold up an object to get another bird’s attention. This is the first time researchers have observed naturally occurring gestures in any animal other than primates.
Definitely, the Ravens would have been able to convince Elijah that I’m the one sent by God to feed you with its body sign movement or para-venture, Elijah would have heard it speaking to him.
D. Ravens are one of the forbidden. In the Old Testament, it was commanded that Ravens must not be eaten. See Leviticus 11:13-15.
It was during that time that Elijah existed. No wonder, it was this same bird sent to feed Elijah, so that as it’s coming with the foods of Elijah, no one will hinder it from obeying it’s Creator that gave the assignment.
At that time, people were already in drought period. Even when they were hungry, the birds must not be touched nor the food is bringing for Elijah.
That would have made Elijah to be happy that his miraculous provision of food would not be hindered. Your will not be hindered too. See Psalm 23:5.
E. Ravens are very stingy and never cares for its young. Naturalists tell us that when the Raven has fed his young in the nest until they are well fledged and able to fly abroad, then he pushes them out of the nest, and will not let them remain there, but forces them to get their own living.
Now when these young ones are on their first flight from their nest, and are little acquainted getting food for themselves, then the Lord provides food for them.
This Is what the Raven does to his young ones from the nest, and wander for lack of food. See Genesis 8:7; Job 38:41; Psalm 147:9.
As stingy as it’s, he there not touched the food of Elijah nor eat it but obey it’s Creator and delivered the assignment send it. Yours too will be delivered without delay.
1. Oh Lord God, send an unusual helpers of destiny to me henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, I’m ready for whosoever You have determined to lift me up in life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, go in any length to settle me with Your miraculous provision henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God my Benefactor, where are my miraculous connection, connect me supernaturally henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, I am tired of the valley, lift me up to Your mountain top of Your holiness and miraculous, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!