Wednesday 22nd August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Hebrew 11
Topic:- Fight Your Fear With Faith
Text:- Hebrew 11:6
If you know the antidote for fear, then you are on your way to victory because you will become an overcomer over all your problems. You need to be courageous and be determined with God on your side and your faith, your fear will pick race and disappear from you.
As faith is the direct opposite of fear while fear is the opposite of victory because fear is the greatest enemy of faith, so it is high time you fought your fear and get your promise fulfilled.
Let’s go on some records of some mighty men of faith and flash back on their lives. You will know that they too entertained fear. Fear was their main problem until they deal with it and later became faith guru because they fought their fear with faith.
1. The most fearful one of them was Joshua who inherited the unfinished work of Moses in carrying the Israelites into Canaan land. Most often, God had to encourage him to fear not, for the work to be done. He was fearful seeing the enormous work. But was able to do gallantly well and later could encourage others too. He fought his fear and became a man of faith. See Joshua 1:9; 8:1; 10:25; 24:4-15.
2. Elijah was another typical example of a fearful man of God. Despite the man of fire he was ascribed and a lot of miracles performed by him, yet he resorted to fear. Even this fear gripped him to the extent of giving up his ministry for another i.e. Elisha because of the threat of Queen Jezebel.
Nevertheless, he ended it gloriously and handed over his ministry for continuation to a good successor. See 1 Kings 19:1-4; 2 Kings 1:15; 2.
3. The Apostles are not left out too because, most often Jesus used to charge and rebuke them for being fearful. The most easily remembered one was when they were faced with storm on the sea. Later on, they were greatly used by God.
God has not finished with you yet, He is just starting with you. Therefore fight your fear, doubt your fear too, but only fear God, then you too will be greatly used by God who is God of faith and not fear. I say fear not. See 2 Timothy 1:17; Hebrew 11:6.
1. Oh God, you have not given me the spirit of fear, I command you fear to disappear by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command, you fear in me, die and let faith be in operation in my life henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Ghost! Energize the faith in me henceforth so that I can begin to do exploits for the Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Beautiful Mid-Week!