Tuesday 6th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Genesis 12:1-20
Topic:- Excess Luggage Of Abraham
Text:- Romans 12:20
If you are a regular traveler either by road, air or sea, you will not take excess luggage anywhere you go. These excess luggage, you can do without, since they are excess. And if you want to take them along compulsorily, you will paid for them heavily.
In the topic today, we will focus on Abraham and those excesses that accompanied him on his Christian journey. He paid dearly for them. So, we need to examine our lives too, so as to be cautious.
1. The first excess luggage in Abraham’s life was Lot, his nephew. God promised him seven-fold blessings if he obeys Him by coming out of his father’s house. He obeyed but Lot was carried along with him, thereby, became an excess luggage for him, Genesis 12:1-50.
Result was that they got separated afterward. Abraham used maturity in three circumstances that would have led to quarrel and death. See Genesis 13:1-16; 14:16; 18:16-19:38. Be careful to whom you are good otherwise they might serve as swine. Matthew 7:6.
2. His second excess luggage was Hagar. Because of famine in the land, he left for Egypt with his good experience there, he returned back to his former place with blessing but also with Hagar who later became an excess luggage for him and created a gross effect on all Christians till today. Muslims are the generation of Hagar through Ishmael. See Genesis 12:20; 16:17; 21:8-21.
Be careful of the life you are living. There might be excess luggage in you as sin. And also in your surrounding the excess luggage may be those living with you that you must pray off otherwise, your journey to heaven may land you in hell. Be warned!
1. I refuse to compromise with sin, enemies and the devil henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Holy Ghost! Show me all my excess luggages that they depart by fire henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh God turn my life around that I will be untouchable for the devil henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God, rain upon me, Your morning rain, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A lovely Tuesday!