Tuesday 25th June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Isaiah 64:1-12
Topic:- Entry Heaven Demands Jesus Kind’s Of Righteousness 
Text:- Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. See Matthew 5:20.
A. What is Righteousness?
1. Righteousness is the perfect holiness of Christ. It is an essential attribute to the character of God.
Quite literally meaning “One who is right”. Think of it as the polar opposite of sin. To commit sin is to go against God’s design for our lives, therefore righteousness is the only living standard that is acceptable for us to stand before the Father. See Proverbs 12:28.
2. All of us are born into complete bondage to sin, unable to produce any sort of righteousness on our own. See Romans 3:9-12.
3. Even when our good deeds seems to be performed from the purest of motives, unless that motivation is to glorify the name of Jesus, those deeds are completely self-righteous and sinful. See Isaiah 64:6.
4. The Bible clearly defines righteousness as something His people should pursue yet we are unable to produce it. So where do we get it? Our righteousness is imputed from Jesus through the atoning work that He accomplished on the cross. We couldn’t produce it, Christ produced it for us. See 2 Timothy 2:22; 2 Corinthians 5:21.
5. Only the perfection of Christ could have accomplished this work. Only Jesus could have lived a perfect, obedient, and sinless life. Only Jesus could have atoned for the sins of His people. Only the righteousness of Christ will enter His Kingdom. See Matthew 5:20.
6. When God sees His people, He doesn’t see our sin. Instead, He sees us clothed in the righteousness of Christ. He sees us instantly and completely justified through that righteousness. See Isaiah 61:10.
We can rest in the fact that God sovereignty works everything for the good of His people, including restoring us through the righteousness of His Son. Our righteousness began in Christ and is completed in Christ. See Psalm 23:3.
7a. Righteousness is Christ righteousness imputed upon you when you gave your life to Him. See Revelation 3:20.
b. Righteousness is your right standing with God and in God. Matthew 7:21-23.
c. Righteousness is also doing what is right only in God. See Matthew 25:21.
1. Oh Lord God, I want to be righteous and holy like You, help me to be henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, help me to resemble Jesus totally henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I refuse to die in sin, help me to crucify self and sin never to have dominion over me any longer, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Tuesday! www.timogundelejesu.com