Wednesday 5th June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 18:24-40
Topic:- Elijah Was Full Of Wisdom
Text:- Acts 6:3
What is Wisdom? Wisdom is the correct application of knowledge. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the holy one is understanding.” See Proverbs 9:10; Ecclesiastes 7:12; Job 28:28.
God endowed Elijah with wisdom in his Ministry. If Elijah did not have wisdom, he will not be able to perform his ministerial duties in the presence of Prophets of Baal and Asherah that Jezebel brought into the kingdom of Ahab.
If not because of the wisdom endowed him, he will not be able to escape from the hand of Jezebel. The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom and before honor is humility. Because he fears the Lord, God did not disappoint him in his Ministry by answering him with fire, in the presence of the Prophets of Baal. He also pronounced that of the drought through his wisdom.
The reason some men of God cannot experience raw miracle in their Ministry is that they do not take instruction from God again.
Some do not even consult God before taking any step, there is no fear of God, and no wisdom of God, and they are doing things in their own wisdom.
For one to become Man of God Man of Fire, one must have the manifold wisdom of God. To foster your relationship, children, relatives, neighbor, boss and co-minister’s of God. See Ephesians 3:10.
Man of God without wisdom, you cannot become a Man of Fire. Wisdom is the principal thing in a man’s life. See Proverbs 4:7.
This leads to the roles of wisdom:-
1. It will give you life. Wisdom will keep you from sin that may terminate your life prematurely like Samson. See Judges 16:1-3.
2. Wisdom will make you find favor before God and man like Daniel. See Daniel 3:1-3; Proverbs 3:4.
3. Wisdom of God will give you divine promotion like Joseph. See Proverbs 4:7-9; Genesis 41:37-45.
4. Wisdom will give riches and honor like Solomon. 1 Kings 3:9.
5. It enables you to reach your goal like Joshua as he was able to succeed because he was full of the spirit of wisdom. See Deuteronomy 34:9.
1. Oh Lord God, remove every spirit of foolishness from me and give me the spirit of wisdom, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, please give me Your manifold wisdom to co-ordinate my family and Ministry, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, let seven spirits in Isaiah 11:2 be my portion henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. My Father, give me Your wisdom so as to be favoured among all men, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, plant Your fear in my heart, so that I will acting in Your wisdom henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.