Sunday 9th June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 21:17-29
Topic:- Elijah The Man of God Didn’t Compromise
Text:- 1 Kings 18:21
Compromise simply means a settlement of differences by mutual concessions. Power of Elijah does not rest upon compromising Christian/Minister. The power is available only to those who possess the Spirit of Elijah which shuns spirit of compromises in the face of hard situation or life and death. The spirit of Elijah was not a spirit of compromise.
A thing was right or wrong with him and there was no question as to where he stood. Hear the voice of this ancient Prophet as it pounds like a hammer upon the sin-dulled consciences of an apostate people. Your position is untenable, He told them. See 1 Kings 18:21.
Elijah did not compromise in saying the truth at all time to the reigning king, the one in power, the one in authority, even if it will cost him his life.
He refused to turn himself to Palace Prophet or environmental Prophet as many Prophets choose to be today. All the time he faced the king Ahab, and rebuked him for his sins.
1. I command all the spirit of compromise, get out of me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, heal my backsliding as a result of compromise now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, shed Your light to areas which I have compromised with the world today and give me grace to change, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I refuse to compromise with the world any longer, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, give me sound mind and boldness not to compromise again even if it will cost me my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy 40days Prayer And Fasting Revival Program!