Friday 24th May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 21:1-29
Topic:- Elijah On Naboth, Jezebel And Ahab
Text:- 1 Kings 21:19
Sometime later, Ahab desired to purchase the vineyard of Naboth which joined hard to the royal resident in Jezreel. He approached Naboth about purchasing the vineyard but he would not sell his inheritance of his fathers.
Ahab went away depressed and pouting like a spoiled brat who did not get his way. When Jezebel saw Ahab’s displeasure, she inquired regarding the cause of it.
When she found out that it was caused by Naboth’s refusal to sell his vineyard, she said, I will give thee the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.
Then she plotted the death of Naboth. She arranged for a banquet to be given in Naboth’s honor. At the banquet, false witnesses were hired to testify that Naboth had been guilty of blaspheming God and the king.
They carried Naboth outside the city and stoned him to death. Jezebel then presented Naboth’s vineyard as a gift to her husband.
Jehovah appeared to Elijah, sending him to rebuke Ahab. Courageously, Elijah obeyed. Knowing full well that one man had already been killed in order that Ahab could have this vineyard.
Elijah went to rebuke Ahab. He found Ahab walking in his new vineyard, no doubt admiring its beauties. Elijah said, “Thus saith the Lord, hast thou killed, and also taken possession? In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.” Also of Jezebel, the Prophet spoke, “The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.” Ahab was a weak man under the influence of a mean, wicked, and dominating woman. See 1 Kings 21:19,23,25.
The prophecies of Elijah were later fulfilled when a Syrian soldier shot an arrow at random and struck the disguised king of Israel. He died later. As the soldiers washed his chariot, the dogs licked his blood. Later, the prophesy regarding Jezebel was also fulfilled. See 1 Kings 22:38; 2 Kings 9:36.
1. I command all my goodness and blessings that has been stolen by the devil and the enemies, locate me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. It is time for my restoration, oh Lord God, restore all my glory back to me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. All evil conspiracy mounted again my success and breakthrough, what are you waiting for, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I command all evil arrows targeted against me, back fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I command every evil prophecy working against my spiritual life and success, cancelled now by fire and the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ.