Monday 11th March 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 2 Kings 2:1-25
Topic:- Double Restoration Of Glory
Text:- 2 Kings 2:10
Double restoration of glory is taking about the glory upon Elijah which he would have taken to heaven but was claimed, requested and given to Elisha for double. Let discuss and view the ways and forms in which was evidently seen in Elisha’s life and ministry in the followings:
1. God promised that the glory should be restored and given to Elisha after Elijah purposely terminated his ministry prematurely. See 1 Kings 19:15-21.
2. No place in the Bible was it recorded that Elijah did the commands of God to anoint, but I believed he didn’t just to prove that maybe Elisha truly worth the calling to receive the restoration of glory. See 1 Kings 19:19-21; 2 Kings 2:1-10.
3. At last, the battle for double restoration of glory came and was won by Elisha. See 2 Kings 2:1-12.
4. Evidences of the received double restoration of glory by Elisha:-
a. The condition of receiving the double restoration of glory was met. See 2 Kings 2:9,10,12.
b. The last miracle performed by Elijah, that was where Elisha started his own miraculous ministry. See 2 Kings 2:13-14.
c. Those Sons of Prophets that were making jest of him earlier, recognized and respected the double restoration of glory in his life. See 2 Kings 2:15.
d. They tempted and tested the double restoration of glory in his life and they failed, and believe that of a true, he had received it. See 2 Kings 2:16-18.
e. They gave him another greater task to prove maybe truly he had received the double restoration of glory in which i believed it was not done by his master Elijah. See 2 Kings 2:19-22.
f. His master Elijah called down fire form heaven three times while only once for the first time in history that she bears appeared, destroyed and killed those children that were mocking him. See 2 Kings 2:23-25.
You too can have your lost glory restored, even in double if you can pray your way through.
1. Oh Lord God, as I wait upon You, restore back unto me my glory that has stolen from by the devil and the enemies, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I trust You oh Lord God that you can give me another opportunity for my glory to be restored, I claim it now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, give unto me now the double restoration of glory by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Monday!