TUESDAY 17TH JULY 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- 1 PETERS 5:1-11
TOPIC:- DON’T LIMIT GOD, HE IS ABLE
TEXT:- 1 KINGS 8:27
God is huge! All of the universe can’t contain Him, 1Kings 8:27. He is infinite, while everything He created is finite. “Finite” is defined as “limited” i.e. American heritage dictionary.
We are limited. How can finite, (limited) man adequately represent an infinite (limitless) God? That question presents a dilemma that has caused most people not to even try.
I believe that the Lord has more for all of us than what any of us have experienced. We need to stretch ourselves to obtain all that He has for us.
Four things that can limit God’s power in our lives:
1. Trusting in man limits God. When you fail to acknowledge God that Him alone, should be ascribed all glory. Also avoid trusting and relying on people and even self, to help. Only God who is your Maker is infallible, He cannot fail you. See 1Peters 5:7
2. Fear limits God. When we are afraid we start compromising. Fear of men, fear of rejection, fear of success, fear of failure, fear of losing friends or your job. Luckily, we know that love casts out all fear! Christians who don´t know the love of God, fall apart. You can always tell the size of a man’s identity by the size of the problem it takes to discourage him. See Matthew 10:28.
3. Unbelief limits God. Unfortunately, we live in a culture of unbelief. The news, our friends and family, and even most churches, often times speak and act out of unbelief i.e. the doubts in your heart. You might not doubt that God can do something but you might doubt His willingness to do it. I can have the faith that God can heal but at the same time not believe that He will do it right now and here. I can know that God can supply all my needs but still be not sure if He will do it in my situation and today. See Matthew 17:20.
4. Disobedience limits God. If God tells you to do something, do it. Even if it does not look like the smartest thing to do. Who cares about what other people says when you have Word from God? You might need to have some wisdom in how to do it or when to do it. God can even bless a mistake made out of faith more than a mistake made out of fear! If you step across the chicken line and stop compromising what God told you, you will see His power moving in your life. See 1Samuel 15:22.
So, get rid of human trust, fear, unbelief, and be obedient to whatever He says, and you will see greater miracles in your life than you can imagine.
You are going to start trusting in the One who makes the impossible possible, in the One who provides, and in the One who is always for you.
1. I command every fear of the devil in my life, what are you waiting for, disappear now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command every power of doubt and unbelief that are operating in my life, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every disobedience to the law and God’s word in my life, be uprooted and wither by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.