MONDAY 7TH MAY, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- MATTHEW 27:1-10
TOPIC:- DON’T BE JUDAS ISCARIOT 
TEXT:– JOHN 6:71
4. The End Of Judas Iscariot:
a. Judas, when he saw the results of his betrayal, “repented himself.” He saw his sin in a new light, and “his conscience bounded into fury.” Matthew 27:3-10.
b. He made ineffectual struggles to escape, by attempting to return the reward to the Pharisees, and when they would not receive it, he cast it down at their feet and left it.
But note the followings from Matthew 27:3-10:-
● Restitution of the silver did not undo the wrong; ● It was restored in a wrong spirit, i.e. a desire for relief rather than hatred of sin; ● He confessed to the wrong party, or rather to those who should have been secondary, those who could not grand forgiveness; ● Compunction is not conversion.
c. The money was used to buy a burial-field for poor strangers, Matthew 27:6-10.
d. Judas himself, in his despair, went out and hanged himself at Aceldama, on the southern slope of the valley of Hinnom, near Jerusalem, Acts 1:18, 25.
● A guilty conscience must find neither hell or pardon.
e. Judas repentance may be compared to that of Esau, Genesis 27:32-38; Hebrews 12:16-17.
● It is contrasted with that of Peter; ● Judas proved his repentance to be false by immediately committing another sin, suicide; ● Peter proved his to be true by serving the Lord faithfully ever after.
5. As Quoted By Pastor W. F. Kumuyi On Judas Iscariot:
● He was an Apostle who became an Apostate; ● An Ambassador who became an Antichrist; ● A Believer who became a Betrayer; ● A Convert who became Covetous; ● A Disciple who became Devilish; ● An Externally Righteous follower who was Extremely Rotten on the inside; ● A Friend who became a Foe; ● A man that fell from Grace to Grass; ● He was Heaven’s Candidate, he became Hell’s Captive; ● He Forsook Jesus to Face Judgement; ● He was Instructed but was Incorrigible; ● He was the King’s Acquaintance who became a Kissing Adversary; ● The Love of the master had gone away from him, he had the Love of Money; ● He was a Leader who became Lost; ● A Minister who replaced the love of his Master with the love of Mammon; ● A Negotiator at the price of perdition; ● An Opportunist who became Obstinate; ● A Preacher who became a Pervert; ● He was a Quiet Fellow but of a Questionable Character; ● He was a Reaper who became Reprobate; ● A Schemer who Sold his Soul to Satan; ● A Teacher who became Treacherous; ● He was Used to become of no Use.He was a Vulture who Violated his own Vow; ● A Watchman who became a Wolf; ● He was exalted to great opportunity but was expelled from Paradise; ● Yoked to Satan after Yielding to the Saviour; ● He was Zealous for Money, he was Zero in ministry.
With all the details above, you will believe with me that, you must not be like Judas Iscariot, if you want to make heaven at the end of your life.
1. I command all the spirits of Judas Iscariot in my life, jump out by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. As I have started well o Lord, let me finish best, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord God, do not allow me to misuse my position, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Loving Monday!