Saturday 17th April 2021 Devotion
Scripture:- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Topic:- Big Secrets In Marriage
Text:- 1 Corinthians 13:13
1. Everyone you marry has a weakness. Only God does not have a weakness.
So if you focus on your spouse’s weakness you can’t get the best out of his strength.
2. Everyone has a dark history. No one is an angel. When you get married or you want to get married stop digging into someone’s past.
What matters most is the present life of your partner. Old things have passed away. Forgive and forget. Focus on the present and the future.
3.Every marriage has its own challenges. Marriage is not a bed of roses.
Every good marriage has gone through its own test of blazing fire. True love proves in times of challenges.
Fight for your marriage. Make up your mind to stay with your spouse in times of need.
Remember the vow For better for worse. In sickness and in health be there.
4. Every marriage has different levels of success. Don’t compare your marriage with anyone else.
We can never be equal. Some will be far, some behind.
To avoid marriage stresses, be patient, work hard and with time your marriage dreams shall come true.
5. To get married is declaring war. When you get married you must declare war against enemies of marriage.
Some enemies of marriage are:
d. Third-party influence
g. Lack of love
Be ready to fight to maintain your marriage zone.
6. There is no perfect marriage. There is no ready-made marriage.
Marriage is hard work. Volunteer yourself to work daily on it.
Marriage is like a car that needs proper maintenance and proper service. If this is not done it will break down somewhere exposing the owner to danger or some unhealthy circumstances.
Let us not be careless about our marriages.
7. God cannot give you the complete person you desire. He gives you the person in the form of raw materials in order for you to mold the person that you desire.
This can only be achieved through prayer, love, and patience.
8. Getting married is taking a huge risk. You can not predict what will happen in the future.
Situations may change so leave room for adjustments.
Husband can lose his good job or you may fail to have babies.
All these require you to be prayerful otherwise you might divorce.
9. Marriage is not a contract. It is permanent. It needs total commitment.
Love is the glue that sticks the couple together.
Divorce start in the mind and the devil feeds the mind.
Never ever entertain thoughts of getting a divorce.
Never threaten your spouse with divorce. Choose to remain married. God hates divorce.
10. Every marriage has a price to pay. Marriage is like a bank account. It is the money that you deposit that you withdraw.
If you don’t deposit love, peace, and care into your marriage, you are not a candidate for a blissful home.
So today let us pray for our marriages.
Oh Lord God, help my marriage to be in peace, joy, and love of God henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Wonderful Saturday!