Tuesday 16th October 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 3:1-21
Topic:- Are You Born Again?
Text:- John 3:7
Today’s topic is a form of question that must be answered by you. Are you sure you are born again or regenerated? Don’t deceive yourself, although you can deceive everybody including the closest person to you. It is sure you can never deceive yourself. But peradventure you are able to deceive yourself, certainly you cannot deceive God for He knows everything concerning you even to your secret.
It is a pity today that the word regenerated is not being emphasized again. And we have all forgotten that there is nothing we brought into this world, and definitely we are going with nothing when we die, we shall all stand before God for judgment on everything we have done on this earth, Revelation 20:11-15.
The Greek word for regeneration is ‘Paliggenesic’ which means spiritual rebirth. Also it means the state or the act of spiritual renovation. This word regeneration occurs only twice in New Testament, Matthew 19:28; Titus 3:5.
Other words that can be used for it are:
1. Born Again, John 3:1-7.
2. Salvation, Acts 16:30-31.
3. And Christian, Acts 11:26.
Searching deep down in your heart, are you sure you will make heaven when Christ comes or if you die today, can you reign with Him? Will the thought in your heart, that is, your mind and lifestyle qualify you to be with Christ forever? See Matthew 7:21-23. Change your way and be born again like Nicodemus today.
1. If you are yet to be born again do so now by confessing your sins and inviting Jesus into your life.
2. If you are saved or born again or regenerated, declare that I refuse to fall and go back into the world, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. If you are still hurt and have unconfessed sins, kindly pray and confess them for Christ to forgive and cleansed you to give you new heart, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a Lovely Tuesday!