Saturday 25th August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Genesis 25:28-34
Topic:- Addressing Your Destiny 
Text:- Genesis 35:10
5. Jacob tried to correct his destiny by working things out for good by himself but got things messed up because it led to manipulation and stealing the birthright blessings. Never you try to work things out in your own way, only wait on God’s directives. There is nothing wrong in trying to be your best but it must be done in God’s way. See Genesis 25:28-34.
6. Jacob stole also the blessing authority of his father and the good pronouncement that was meant for Esau with the help of his mother. Please, never you connive with others to do evil or even allow yourself to do evil, for it will lead to rebelling and hatred which can eventually lead to vengeance and killing. It is not good to get to the top through deceit, for your fall will be great and never to get to that top again. See Genesis 27:41- Genesis 29.
7. Jacob though paid dearly for his deeds with labour of many years in his uncle Laban’s house for wives, cattle and properties. Nemesis caught up with him but he still went away with deceit and manipulation and even with subtlety. He later became an escapee or escapist. Never build on a wrong foundation, for it will lead to destruction f what you labour for, you may even pay with your life and death of loved ones. See Genesis 30:21-32.
8. Jacob now decided to set back on right track by allowing his destiny to be re-adjusted and addressed his destiny by the help and reliance on God as he prayed breakthrough prayer. See Genesis 32:22-32.
9. And this got his name changed to Israel which means prince with God and also one who strives with God for assistance and help. Israel also means someone who will rule as God, and also a soldier of God. Those are all what you will enjoy if only you can wait on Him to address your destiny. See Genesis 33.
10 for Jacob allowing his destiny to be tampered with and himself being directed by self and according to his name, he paid dearly for it and cost him great loss. Remember, Jacob’s hollow joint was dislocated, his only daughter was raped, his son became murderer, his loved wife died, etc. See Genesis 34-35.
So, wait on the Lord to bless your destiny for good, and take you from worst to best. He is in business of addressing your destiny to suit His purpose for glory. Note Isaiah 40:25-31.
1. I command every evil prophecy and pronouncement hindering my destiny from shining, cancel now by fire and blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command my destiny, received fire and be shining henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. My destiny, received fire from the foundation and shine for people to see henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a Beautiful Saturday!