Monday 3rd June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 17:8-24
Topic:- A Man Of God Must Biddle His Tongue
Text:- James 1:26
What is a tongue? A tongue is simply defined as the soft, movable part in the mouth that is used for tasting and eating food and in human being for speaking. See James 3:2-10.
The tongue is like a fire, it is a world of evil among the parts of our body. It spreads its evil through our whole body and starts a fire that influences all of life. It gets this fire from hell.
For a Man of God to be a Man of Fire, he needs to have control over his tongue, he must try as much as possible to be able to keep secrets.
As some Ministers talk too much on the Pulpit, some even talk to extent of revealing the secret that they should not reveal.
In Elijah’s case, one can see how he bridle his tongue by not revealing what God told him about the Zarephat widow to the woman when he saw her.
Also, he did not reveal to Ahab what Obadiah told him that he hid a hundred prophet of God. This shows that he can bridle his tongue.
Even if care is not taken, a Minister of God may use his own tongue to scatter the Church he has been building for so many years.
So for you to be a Man of God and Man of Fire, you need to allow God’s coal of fire to drop on your tongue, to purify it and you will be free from the shame that too much talking can reduce you to.
1. Oh Lord God, deliver my tongue from becoming a cemetery of evil by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, heal me of all diseases of the tongue by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, repair all damages done to my life as a result of the wrong use of my tongue, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I command every agents of bondage and destruction in my tongue, depart now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, give me a wholesome tongue that command positively, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Monday!