Monday 10th June 2019 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 18:41-46
Topic:- A Man Of God Must Be Confident And Watchful
Text:- John 16:24
A man of God must be confident and watchful. Elijah was sure that Jehovah would act to end the drought, but he was not sure when Jehovah would act. He had confidence in Jehovah’s promise, he eagerly sought evidence that Jehovah was about to act. He sent his attendant up to a high vantage point to scan the horizon for any signs of impending rain.
Elijah knew of Jehovah’s promises. As Jehovah’s Prophet and representative, he was sure that his God would fulfill His word. Elijah was confident so much so that it was as if he could already hear the downpour. “He continued steadfast as seeing the one who is invisible.” Is God that real to you? He provides ample reason for us to put that kind of faith in Him and His promises.
Notice how watchful Elijah was. He sent his attendant back, not once or twice, but seven times! We might imagine the attendant tiring of such a repetitive task, but Elijah remains eager for a sign and did not give up.
Finally, after his seventh trip, the attendant reported, “Look, there is a small cloud like a man’s palm ascending out of the sea.” He watched until he sees the result. A Man of God, Man of Fire does not give up immediately. You too don’t up, be confident and watchful until your joy is full. See John 16:24.
1. Oh Lord God, I thank You for a time like this, and I pray that You give me the grace to watch and pray, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I close all the doors I have opened to the devil as a result of inability to watch and pray by fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I claim back all I have lost because of lack of confidence in You Lord now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I receive confidence to preach Your Word in season and out of season henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, l pray that all the souls I have lost because of lack of confidence to win their souls for Christ, do not allow them to perish, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy 40days Prayer And Fasting Revival Program!