Tuesday 14th August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 1:40-51
Topic:- 7 Names That Qualified You For Making Heaven 
Text:- John 3:3,5
If you are determined to make heaven at the end of your life by all means, or before Jesus will come the second time and thereby go with Him, people must be able to witness either one or all the followings names in your life:
1. A Christian: The word is only used three times in the New Testament and each instance is referring to the first “Christians” of the early church, Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16. They were called “Christians” because their behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ Jesus. The word Christian means, “follower of Christ” or “belonging to the party of Christ.”
2. A New Creature: In 2 Corinthians 5:17, the true definition of a Christian is to be in Christ. “If any man is in Christ.” He may be in the visible church, yet not in Christ. It is not to be baptized into Christ’s name which makes a true Christian, but to be in Christ, that is, to be grafted into Him by faith. Many are in Christ nominally, not really; they are in Christ by profession, not by spiritual union. Are they in Christ, who do not know Him? Are they in Christ, who persecute those who are in Christ? Surely, such a holy head as Christ, will disclaim such spurious members.
3. A Regenerated: Regeneration is a radical change. Just as our physical birth resulted in a new individual entering the earthly realm, our spiritual birth results in a new person entering the heavenly realm, (Ephesians 2:1,6,8). After regeneration, we begin to see and hear and seek after divine things; we begin to live a life of faith and holiness. Now Christ is formed in the hearts; now we are partakers of the divine nature, having been made new creatures, (2 Corinthians 5:17). God’s great love and free gift, His rich grace and abundant mercy, are the cause of the rebirth. The mighty power of God, the power that raised Christ from the dead is displayed in the regeneration and conversion of sinners, (Ephesians 1:19–20).
4. A Born Again: A born-again is someone who has repented of his sins and turned to Christ for their salvation, and as a result has become part of God’s family forever. All these takes place as God’s spirit works in our lives, (John 3:1-8). You see, by nature we aren’t members of God’s family, and we don’t have any right to inherit eternal life. The reason is because of our sin. We have rebelled against God. You may not see yourself as a bad person (and you probably aren’t), but in God’s eyes even one sin is enough to keep you out of heaven, (Ephesians 4:18). Jesus Christ came to save us and to make us part of His family forever! He did this by dying for our sins on the cross and by conquering death through His resurrection. You see, as a human being you were born into a family, and nothing can ever change that. But when we come to Christ we are spiritually reborn into another family, the family of God, 1Peter 1:23.
1. I command flesh to die completely in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I pray that Christ will increase in me, and flesh to decrease in me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh God, save me henceforth, and I shall be saved, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Tuesday!