Wednesday 8th April 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- John 14:1-17
Topic:- 36 Reasons Why You Must Become Christian From Muslim 
Text:- John 8:32
1. Muhammad was the Prophet of war; Christ is the Prince of Peace. See Isaiah 9:6-7.
2. Muhammad’s Disciples killed for the faith; Christ’s Disciples were killed for their faith. See Acts 12:2; 2 Timothy 4:7.
3. Muhammad promoted persecution against the “infidels”; Christ forgave and converted the Chief Persecutor. See 1 Timothy 1:13-15.
4. Muhammad was the taker of life; Christ was the giver of life. See John 10:27-28.
5. Muhammad and his fellow warriors murdered thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many. See John 12:48.
6. Muhammad’s method was COMPULSION; Christ’s aim was voluntary CONVERSION. See Acts 3:19.
7. Muhammad practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH. See John 6:29,35.
8. Muhammad was a WARRIOR; Christ is a DELIVERER. See Colossians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:10.
9. Muhammad conquered his enemies with the sword; Christ conquered his enemies with another kind of sword, the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. See Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:37.
10. Muhammad said to the masses, “Convert or die!”; Christ said, “Believe and live!” See John 6:47; 11:25-26.
11. Muhammad was swift to shed blood (Romans 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many. See Ephesians 1:7.
12. Muhammad preached “Death to the infidels!”; Christ prayed “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” See Luke 23:34.
13. Muhammad declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a Holy victory on Calvary’s Cross. See Colossians 2:14-15, and His followers share in that victory. See John 16:33.
14. Muhammad constrained people by conquest; Christ constrained people by love. See 2 Corinthians 5:14.
a. Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammad and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, “Blessed are the peacemakers.” See Matthew 5:9. b. Modern day Disciples of Muhammad respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets; Modern day Disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were “Christians” in name only, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.
15. Many Moslems are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder; Many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder. See Romans 12:17-21.
16. Muhammad said the Koran is authoritative only in Arabic, and only in his dialect; The Bible is authoritative in many languages around the world, for God knows all things and can inspire His Word in more than one language.
17. Muhammad hated music; Jesus and His disciples sang hymns, and the Apostle commanded the Lord’s Church to sing. See Matthew 26:30; Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16.
18. Muhammad allowed that a Mullah, Imam, or Mufti of Islam can be a terrorist and moral animal like the late Osama bin Laden or Al-Baghdai; The Bible requires that a leader in the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must be above reproach, and when this is not true, Christians demand such a fallen leader be removed from leadership. See 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 5:19-20.
19. Islam calls on its followers to observe Five Pillars, while all other aspects of life can be vulgar and not affect the Moslem’s prospects in Paradise. The Bible calls on the Christian to submit to the total change of his life by the Spirit of God. NO area of life and thought is the choice of the follower. See Romans 12:1-2.
20. Moslem looks forward to eternity in Paradise where there will be virgins who are used for eternal perpetual copulation. The Bible believing Christian looks forward to being with Jesus Christ and is delighted with that. See 2 Corinthians 5:8.
Prayer Point:- Oh Lord God, I have decided to know the truth and walk in Your way henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.