Sunday 12th July 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Matthew 6:5-15
Topic:- 10 Ways In Which Unforgiveness Is Dangerous
Text:- Romans 1:31
Online Service At Molipa Assembly Ijebu-Ode By Pastor Tim Ogundele-Jesu
Unforgiveness is a spirit that troubles people, even christian. If not dealt with, it can hinder one’s prayer to be answered.
Unforgiveness is a state of not showing mercy. It is also a state of unrelenting or weakness in letting the wrong deed off your mind.
The author and finisher of our faith, Lord Jesus, taught on it that we should not let it have dominion on us in admonishing us.
A Story: The Evangelist that died who was keeping malice with his wife, but was resurrected during a crusade of Late Evangelist Rehaid Bonke.
1. Jesus demonstrated it when they brought the woman caught in adultery. See John 8:1-11.
2. Jesus later practiced it personally by forgiven his enemies when he was about to be arrested in the garden of Gethsemane, and later on those who came to arrest him. See John 18:1-11.
3. Jesus hated this unforgiveness to the extent of praying for His enemies when he was on the cross and said, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.” See Luke 23:33-34.
4. Jesus said you must forgive, even if someone wrong you at four hundred and ninety times a day. See Matthew 18:21-22.
5. I want to believe that many will go to hell because of this spirit called unforgiveness, because they failed to forgive either before they died or before the second coming of Christ. See Revelation 21:8.
6. Failure to forgive those who offend you is an obstacle that prevents your prayers from being answered. See Matthew 6:12-15.
7. It hinders success, blessing, and desired miracles. Forgiveness is a way of life of all God’s children; a secret of a fulfilled Christian life. See Luke 15:11-32.
8. Unforgiveness can led to ulcer, because malice open way to ulcer. See Ephesians 4:31.
9. You will have peace of mind and also felt accomplished. Promptly forgive everyone who offends you, and you will be accepted by the Lord. See John 23:39-43.
10. Forgive is a two words join together. i.e. For and Give. When you forgive and forget, then you are perfectly in God’s Hand.
Another Story: The Pastor that met another man on top of his wife on their matrimonial bed.
1. I command your sins to be forgiven and washed by His blood completely henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, in Your infinite mercy forgive me all my unforgiving act and be merciful to me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord God, destroy completely the seed of unforgiveness and bitterness in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I command you power and spirit of malice holding me down to have grudges, enough is enough, die by fire God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Malicious behaviour in my life, die by God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. O Lord God, release to me all hanging blessings and answers to my unanswered prayers as a result of unforgiveness, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Spirit of unforgiving and power of malice, what are you still waiting for, God’s consuming fire, fire you, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!