Monday 22nd June 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- 1 Corinthians 6
Topic:- 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Fornication 
Text:- Ephesians 5:3
Fornication is sexual intercourse before marriage. The equivalent of fornication in marriage is adultery, that is, when you have sex with anyone who is not your marriage partner.
God’s standard for the Christian life is that no believer should ever be involved in fornication. Christians should not have a history of regularly committing fornication. Neither should they ever be involved with it. Not even once! Fornication… not be once named. See Ephesians 5:3.
But unfortunately, even in Charismatic circles, fornication is commonly found among born again Christians. This ‘cancer’ of fornication is rapidly affecting the Body of Christ, because many Christians who get involved in fornication do not know it’s spiritual and physical implications. They do not know its complications.
I want to now share with you 10 reasons why you should not commit fornication:
- Fornication Is Disobedience To God:.
The first reason why you should not commit fornication is that it is disobedience to God. See 1 Samuel 15:22.
We are all subject to the temptation to fornicate. But the priority of every Christian must be to obey the Lord. If you do not obey God you stand to lose.
Even if it does not make sense to you, your duty is still to obey God. Dear friend, the truth is that it pays to obey God but it costs to disobey Him.
- Fornication Will Destroy Your Soul:
When you commit fornication, the Bible says you will destroy your soul. See Proverbs 6:32.
This means that fornication will have an effect on you spiritually. Anybody who is involved in fornication gets affected spiritually. You may not know exactly how it affects you. But it does affect you, and will lead you to backslide.
- Fornication Will Destroy Your Body:
When you commit fornication you commit sin directly against your own body. See 1 Corinthians 6:18.
When you commit fornication you commit a crime against your body. You are destroying your body. If you commit a crime against the State, you are said to be destroying the State. That is why the State will arrest and prosecute you.
In the same way when you commit fornication, you commit a crime against your body, and God will prosecute you for that. See 1 Corinthians 6:19.
- Your Make Covenants With All Sorts Of People:
Sex is intended to be a binding experience between two people. Know that when you commit fornication, you make a covenant with whoever you had sex with.
God’s plan is that when a woman has sex for the first time, her hymen is broken and blood is shed. Whenever blood is shed some sort of agreement or covenant is created.
That means when you have sex with different people, you may actually be entering into union with them. Agreements are made because blood is shed. That is one of the reasons why Paul asked in 1 Corinthians 6:15.
Such covenants are for real. They can affect you for the rest of your life.
- Fornication Brings Sickness:
There are a host of diseases that only come about through sexual intercourse. We call these STDs (sexually trans- mitted diseases). The germs that cause these diseases will have access into you when you commit fornication. Lets mention only twelve of them. (Please notice how big the names of these ‘animals’ are!):
- Neisseria Gonococcus — this causes Gonorrhoea.
- Treponema pallidum — this causes Syphilis.
- Chlamydia trachomatis — this causes Non- specific urethritis.
- Hepatitis ‘B’ virus — this causes liver diseases.
- Herpes simplex type II virus — this cause Herpes genitalis.
- Trichomonas vaginalis — this causes vaginitis.
- Lymphogranuloma venereum.
- Haemophilus Ducreyii — causes Soft Sore (Chancroid).
- Urinary tract infection.
- Cancer of the Cervix — frequent sex at an early age predisposes you to cancer of the cervix.
- HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus. HIV is a virus.
- AIDS – Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and is caused by HIV. The names HIV and AIDS can be confusing because both terms describe the same disease. Think of AIDS as advanced HIV disease. With successful antiretroviral therapy (ART), the body can remain healthy and fight off most viruses and bacteria. A healthy person usually has a CD4 count of between 600 and 1,200. When the CD4 count drops below 200, a person’s immune system is severely weakened, and that person is then diagnosed with AIDS, even if he or she has not become sick from other infections.
Prayer Point:- I command my mortal body to be destroyed against fornication and adultery henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Monday!