Friday 19th June 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Jeremiah 35
Topic:-Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol 
Text:- Ezekiel 44:21
41. Jeremiah 35:2-14 says The Rechabites drank no grape juice or intoxicating wine and were blessed.
42. Ezekiel 44:21, Again God instructed the priests not to drink wine.
43. Daniel 1:5-17, Daniel refused the king’s intoxicating wine and was blessed for it along with his abstaining friends.
44. Daniel 5:1, Belshazzar, ruler of Babylon; led his people in drinking.
45. Daniel 5:2-3, The king, along with his nobles, wives, and concubines, drank from the goblets which had been taken from God’s temple.
46. Daniel 5:4, Drinking wine was combined with praising false gods.
47. Daniel 5:23 – God sent word to Belshazzar that punishment would be swift for the evil he had committed.
48. Hosea 4:11 says Intoxicating wine takes away intelligence.
49. Hosea 7:5 says God reproves princes for drinking.
50. Joel 1:5 says Drunkards awake to see God’s judgment.
51. Joel 3:3 says The enemy is judged for selling girls for wine.
52. Amos 2:8, Unrighteous acts of Israel included the drinking of wine which had been taken for the payment of fines.
53. Amos 2:12 – Israel is condemned for forcing Nazarites to drink wine.
54. Micah 2:11 says Israelites are eager to follow false teachers who prophesy plenty of intoxicating drinks.
55. Nahum 1:10, The drunkards of Nineveh will be destroyed by God.
56. Habakkuk 2:5 says A man is betrayed by wine.
57. Habakkuk 2:15 says Woe to him that gives his neighbor drink.
58. Habakkuk 2:16 says Drinking leads to shame.
59. Matthew 24:48-51, A drinking servant is unprepared for his Lord’s return.
60. Luke 1:15 says John the Baptist drank neither grape juice nor wine.
61. Luke 12:45, Christ warned against drunkenness.
62. Luke 21:34, Drunkenness will cause a person not to be ready for the Lord’s return.
63. Romans 13:13, Do not walk in drunkenness or immorality.
64. Romans 14:21 says Do not do anything that will hurt your testimony as a believer.
65. 1 Corinthians 5:11 says If a Christian brother is a drinker, do not associate with him.
66. 1 Corinthians 6:10 says Drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God.
67. Galatians 5:21, Acts of the sinful nature, such as drunkenness, will prohibit a person from inheriting the kingdom of God.
68. Ephesians 5:18, In contrast to being drunk with wine, the believer is to be filled with the Spirit.
69. 1 Thessalonians 5:6-7 says Christians are to be alert and self controlled, belonging to the day. Drunkards belong to the night and darkness.
70. 1 Timothy 3:2-3 says Bishops (elders. are to be temperate, sober, and not near any wine.
71. 1 Timothy 3:8 says Deacons are to be worthy of respect and not drinkers.
72. 1 Timothy 3:11says Deacons’ wives are to be temperate and sober.
73. Titus 1:7-8, An overseer is to be disciplined.
74. Titus 2:2-3, The older men and older women of the church are to be temperate and not addicted to wine.
75. 1 Peter 4:3-4 says The past life of drunkenness and carousing has no place in the Christian’s life.
NO DRUNKARD SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD see 1 Corinthians 6:10. God Loves You. If you want to know physically, try to visit respiratory ward in any good hospital or ask your doctor.
Prayer Point:- Oh Lord God, help me to resist falling into the sin of intoxicating drink, in the name of Jesus Christ